So it's a bit belated, Family Day has past. But being the Perfect L'il Procrastinator that I am, I thought I would post it a l'il bit later. Now it's classic and nostalgic...or lame and sooooo over. Oh well, hell. Happy Belated Family Day with a special shout out to my city sistahs, untrendy hipstahs, imaginary friends, great grandmas back in Iceland, fellow Baristas, no-foam Mistahs, facebook pals, biological foalks, my pimpin' African crew and specially you. (zoom in on your browser for better view of the following cartoon as I was too lazy to scan it properly)
Happy Family Day: Celebrating the (dys)functional URBAN FAMILY: Here are the young brothers and sisters of the overly coddled middle class generation! Our parents really taught us to be INDIVIDUALS!
- Un-trendy Hipstah: "does anyone mind if I practice my new song entitled "Shadows of Broken Silhouettes?"
- Barefoot Drifter: "life is a miracle; a long journey. I'm going to experience all cultures; all I need is my open mind. and naturally attractive features"
- Granola Girl: "I think I'll make some steamed kale and almond-chili tempeh steaks. I'll pack the rest in bio-degradable tupperware! YUM!"
- Artsy Freak: "everything has depth and beauty. I see beyond the box of Western Society...Who wants to watch "Glee"?!"
- Corporate Robot Girl: "My company investments and excelerated corporate career track have been working in the fast lane. I'll be raking in six figures and living in a luxury condo and be desensitized by the time I'm 25!"
- Infinite Academic: "Pulling another all-nighter in the library: my brain is feasting on the words of our brilliant predecessors. I wish there was something beyond a Ph.D in Philosophy!"
- The Well-Adjusted, Socially-Conscious Immigrant: "Yo guys! Let's watch hockey and then discuss next month's election. I just read a great blog about global villages in Malta...Who wants to go get wings?!"
- Wired Gadget Guy: "I don't need to think anymore: there's an App for that and unlimited software updates!"
- The Couple: Guy: "we've been going out since first year; it's comfortable, it's average...we're set for life. Right honey?" Girl: "you had me at "let's stay in and bake bread" (holding list that says "Future Wedding Plans"
- Yoganomical Health Nut: I'm engaging my inner core while meditating on all my chakras. My mantra is even stitched on my designer gym bag!"
- The "I-Don't-Wanna-It's-Stupid"-Girl: "Whateves. Lame. Everything is the worst. Life hates me. But I hate it more"
- "Goin'-With-the-Flow" Girl: "Sure, I'll join your Recycling Initiative! And I made the soccer team?! Rad! Of course I love veggie stew stew. Law school sounds interesting..."
- Stuck in the Stoner Age: "I'm taking the scenic High route; I may live in the basement but at least I've got roofies!"
Also featured: Cheap (chic) bottle of wine, 2-week-old K.D, a monthly parental rent check and inexpensive, greasy Chinese take-out!